Experience a rewarding clinical practice and enjoy the Great Lakes, beaches, parks, sporting activities all within a few minutes of your home and office. Centrally located with easy access to Detroit and Toronto.
This is a 250-bed community hospital in southwestern Ontario. Emergency Medicine program highlights include:
• A new leadership model featuring support from medical director for quality and scheduling fostering a strong team and supportive, inclusive work environment
• Full and part time physicians providing service in two separate 24/7 emergency departments
• Annual visits are approximately 48,000 and 22,000 respectively
• Triage and RN initiated medical directives expedite patient care
• Ten emergency medicine physicians with Emergency Department Ultrasound Independent Provider Status
• Team of Nurse Practitioners provide care to lower acuity patients and follow up services
• Specialist support
• Double coverage through all shifts except overnight
Alternate Funding Agreement: AFA plus 20% fee-for-service shadow billings. The hospital participates in the Alternative Funding plan for Emergency Medicine from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. This provides a secure hourly stipend for ED physicians to allow them to devote their full efforts to patient care, and a healthy lifestyle. With no overhead, you can expect an annual income of $325K take home for 30 hours/wk, with the option to pick up additional shifts. In addition, there is a generous compensation package for physician relocation and retention.
• Your 1 to 3+ years of clinical practice experience are coupled with CCFP (EM) or FRCPC credentials and/or ER experience. Eligibility for a full independent licence in Ontario is required as are ACLS and ATLS.
Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Interested candidates, please contact: Hedi Cameron, Regional Manager, CanAm Physician Recruiting Inc. Office: 647-883-7185 E-mail: email@example.com