THE POSITION: Locum - May 1 to August 31, 2015
•Provincial Psychiatry Services is seeking a full-time Adult Psychiatrist to provide inpatient and outpatient locum services.
•Subspeciality experience in Geriatric Psychiatry will be an asset.
HOURS OF WORK:
•8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for 37.5 hours per week
•Participation in the on-call schedule as defined by the specialty service
•Participation in ECT rotation
• Physicians shall be paid on a contract for services basis with a requirement of 37.5 hours of work per week. On-call coverage is paid in addition to the hourly rate.
• Estimated Bi-Weekly Salary range: $8642.70 to $9993.23, 37.5 hours/week
• Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
• Coverage of licensing fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI and the Medical Society of PEI.
• Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June-September and $150/day worked October-May. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend Form to receive these funds.
•Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
•Opportunity to teach medical students and residents with faculty appointment from Dalhousie Medical School.
•Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
•CPOE - computerized provider order entry system
•Must have Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification
•Subspecialty experience in Geriatric Psychiatry will be an asset
•Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island
•US Boards are acceptable
•Work experience preferable
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
•Charlottetown is the capital city of Prince Edward Island with a population of 56,000
•Charlottetown offers a relaxing, safe, community oriented lifestyle for individuals and families
In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
If you are not available for this posting, please feel free to forward this email to an interested colleague.
Interested candidates please contact:
Phil Jost, HSM, MBA
CanAm Physician Recruiting Inc.
Toll Free USA/Canada 1-866-446-4447