This is a new Level 1 full service community hospital providing a full range of specialty services including Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Orthopedics, Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Urology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Psychiatry and a full complement of Diagnostic Imaging including Nuclear Medicine, CT Scan and MRI.
A 178 bed capacity, this community hospital provides primary care to a population of 55,000 people and offers specialized care to nearly 110,000 within the County. The hospital has about 800 births annually and sees 40,000 visits to the ER.
This city is located only 1 1/2 hours southwest of Toronto and a half hour from Hamilton and London. Education options include a French school, a Christian school and a private school in addition to nearby first rate universities. It offers the best of both an urban and rural lifestyle.
• The Hospitalist team presently staffs two hospitalists per day (each carrying a list), with intended expansion to 3-4 full-time staff per day
• Coverage runs from 8AM to 5PM daily (expected to be available within these hours), with expected on-call coverage of 1 in 7.
• Hospitalists (MRPs) will be responsible for providing care to unattached patients admitted to the hospital. Volume of patients ranges from 20-25 patients per day, with covered wards including general medicine, rehabilitation, complex continuing care and psychiatry. Typically, a list will have 10-12 acute/active medical patients
• The goal is to support a patient and family focused model of care, while optimizing the quality of care and to ensure comprehensive service from admission to discharge with a multidisciplinary approach.
• Generous daily stipend
• HOCC allowance for on-call services
• Shadow billing
• Relocation allowance
• Interested candidates should be Family Physicians or Internists.
• Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an independent license to practice in Ontario.
In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Interested candidates, please contact: Hedi Cameron, Regional Manager, CanAm Physician Recruiting Inc. Office: 647-883-7185 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org