Permanent General Internist, Specialty Clinic in Canada's Festival City, Edmonton, Alberta
This is your chance to live in a vibrant, major Canadian city ranked among the preferred places to live in Canada. It is a city with education and arts as the center of its cultural life, an outstanding place to raise a family, earn excellent income and enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle.
As a General Internal Medicine Specialist you will assess, diagnose and treat a broad cross-section of patients, often in collaboration with your Family Physician and other Specialist clinic colleagues, including referring patients to external Specialists or referral hospitals, as appropriate.
The city, with a population of 1 million is an energetic city at once diverse and highly connected by a welcoming sense of community. The clinic is located in city’s densely populated, north-east Edmonton, just south of the Yellow Head Highway. Close to shopping, cultural events, festivals, and multi-ethnic dining opportunities, and providing a very short commute, via car or rapid transit, to upscale family neighbourhoods providing a safe, friendly lifestyle for your family. The public school system is second to none featuring a wide variety of programs, including French Immersion and extracurricular activities, including all season sports, arts, hobbies, and academic pursuits.
Post-secondary education opportunities include the renowned University of Alberta, Grant McEwan College, and Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT).
The city is highly diverse, exemplified by the numerous religious, ethnic and cultural roots of its citizens. The city has hundreds of churches and religious buildings representing a wide variety of religious sects.
Depending on size and location, an upscale 3-4 bedroom home, within city limits can range from $350,000 - $1 million.
The Beverly Medical Clinic, 4243 118th Ave. Edmonton, Alberta, T5W 1A5
This specialty clinic is a recent addition to the community and provides Family Medicine, Pediatric, Neurology and General Internal Medicine physician services.
1) Income is Fee-For-Service, with average annual Internist income exceeding $400,000.
2) Revenue is split 70% /30%, physician/clinic to cover capital costs and operating expenses.
3) Average patient intake per hour ranges from 4-10 depending on individual physician work style and patient acuity.
4) Patient records are electronic. (HealthQuest-MicroQuest/Net Care)
5) The patient mix is currently 30% appointment and 70% walk-in patients.
6) The patient population is a cross-section ranging from middle to low income families, and a post-secondary student population - living in detached homes, apartments, and condominiums in the local area.
7) The clinic currently accommodates various medical students as part of their curriculum.
8) The clinics are physician led with alternative health providers on site at each clinic.
9) Physicians have the professional option to obtain privileges at a local hospital to perform after clinic care.
10) The clinic is affiliated with the adjacent Beverly Pharmacy, which also provides collaborative medication consulting services to the clinic staff.
Canadian or Permanent Residents already holding an Alberta medical license, FRCSC Certified or FRCSC Eligible, preferred.
- USA Board, UK-CCT, Irish-CSCST, or Aus-FRACS certified are also encouraged to apply.
- Other Exceptional Specialist/Consultant Grade Practitioners may be considered.
In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Practice setup assistance, and advertising.
- Immigration assistance and/or referrals for you and your family, if required.
- Medical licensing and credentialing assistance.
- Housing and travel assistance.
- Pre-approved Banking services.
If you are not interested at this time, please share this job posting with your colleagues.
Phil Jost, HSM, MBA
VP Operations & Regional Manager
CanAm Physician Recruiting Inc.
Toll Free - Canada/USA: 866-446-4447