$1200.00 daily locum rate
· shadow billing for top up on any billings above $1200/day – only if requested by the locum physician. This is not automatic.
· $175 daily stipend (to help cover expenses such as food & accommodations.
· Mileage within the Province of Nova Scotia only
· $500 Out of Province claim (one per locum – to help assist with flight cost)
· $175 Out of Province claim (for NB or PEI locums only)
Paid by the District Health Authority (funded by DHW) on a quarterly basis:
· $300 / weekday call
· $400 / weekend & holiday call
The above rates will apply if the locum is on call (24 hours) or is working in our OR for a minimum of 7.5 hours in a day to qualify for the full amounts.