THE POSITION: ANATOMICAL PATHOLOGY
Horizon Health Network, (Region 7), is actively seeking a permanent full-time Anatomical Pathologist. The successful candidate will join a congenial group of laboratory physicians covering a full spectrum of anatomic pathology, cytology and hematopathology cases.
Department of Pathology members are encouraged to be part of the teaching program affiliated with Dalhousie University Medical School and Memorial University Medical School postgraduate program and teaching in the undergraduate program at Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick. Information regarding faculty appointments is available upon request. Physicians are also encouraged to be part of the research program.
Horizon Health Network is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Miramichi Regional Hospital is a 161-bed hospital with a full range of primary care and specialty services. The medical staff of about 75 members includes primary care physicians, surgeons, internists, anesthetists, pediatricians, pathologists, urologists and other specialties.
For more information, visit www.horizonnb.ca
HOURS OF WORK:
- Hours of work are normally provided between 0800hrs – 1600hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
- On-call services during statutory holidays, evenings and weekends as part of the on-call rota for the Department of Laboratory Medicine are required.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
- Provide and/or oversee grossing and microscopic interpretations of surgical pathology cases in a timely fashion.
- Provide gross and microscopic interpretations of hospital post-mortems in a timely fashion.
- Provide gross and microscopic interpretations of type 1 forensic pathology in a timely fashion.
- Interpret cytology specimens.
- Practice in a collaborative fashion as a member of an interdisciplinary team and consult with members of other health professions as appropriate.
- Participate in the use of departmental and corporate evidence-based rules of practice to ensure that expected standards of care are achieved.
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
- Opportunity to teach residents and medical students
A salaried model of remuneration is provided, including benefits and source deductions. On call remuneration is provided.
- Moving Expense Allowance.
- 20 paid vacation days/year.
- 10 paid education days/year.
EXPECTED START DATE:
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
This vibrant community offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and outlying areas, reasonable amenities and easy commutes. Two of the Miramichi region's greatest assets are its people and culture. Nowhere is the Maritime experience more authentic than in this remarkable community. Take in one of the local folk festivals or simply enjoy the warm hospitality of the local people. The world–class Miramichi River is a salmon angler’s paradise. Cast a fly over any of the storied salmon pools and see why this river has inspired artists, poets, musicians and authors from around the world. In winter, many of Miramichi’s lodges, and other businesses which cater to the outdoors person, are accessible by snowmobile. A well-developed and maintained trail network links the lodges so that snowmobilers and skiers can enjoy a day in a winter wonderland.
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Physically able to perform assign duties.
- Canadian FRCPC certification is preferred. Exemplary USA, UK, Irish, Australian, New Zealand, Swiss, Hong Kong, South Africa or Singapore candidates, with full specialty certification will also be considered.
If you are not available for this posting, please feel free to forward this email to an interested colleague.
Interested candidates please contact or send applications and CV to:
Phil Jost, HSM, MBA
CanAm Physician Recruiting Inc.