Urgent General Surgery Locum
Central Health- James Paton Memorial Health Centre The James Paton Memorial Health Centre is in Gander, central Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Gander is great community with an airport and all modern daily amenities.
Information and Benefits of Gander:
Start Date: request starting ASAP and will accept a few days, weeks or months until we find a permanent placement.
Terms of employment and wages: Temporary, full-time locum position. 75 hours biweekly. Salary is $1,225 per day for 56 days, then $10,57 per day or Fee-for-Service (as per the Memorandum of Agreement and Department of Health MCP Billings).
Job Duties and Description: The physician will join a General Surgery program with three other Royal College certified General Surgeons responsible for inpatient/outpatient general surgery services, elective and emergency surgeries as well as on-call duties. Call requirement is 1:4. The successful candidate will be committed to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks, and implementing improvements. More particularly, job duties include:
- Assess patients' to determine appropriate surgical procedures;
- Perform and supervise surgical procedures; and
- Consultant with other physicians.
Benefits: Travel, accommodations, and locum licensing fee will be paid for by the health authority.
Education, Skills and Experience: Medical Degree with specialist training in General Surgery. Applicants should have residency training completed in either of the following countries: in Canada, United States, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland OR South Africa
- Specialist training in General Surgery; ability to work effectively, independently and in a multidisciplinary team;
- English written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Be eligible for registration and licensure as a General Surgeon with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Satisfy credentialing requirements of Central Health;
- Have a satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position;
- Have a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority;
- Have a Doctor of Medicine from an accredited university;
- Experience an asset.
Interested candidates please contact or send applications and CV to:
21 Carmelite Road, Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, A2A 1Y
Please forward to any and all colleagues.